I am so grateful that I was able to leave 2015 and the last few shitty years in the past – literally when the clock turned to 12:00am on the 1st of January, the past was in the past! A fresh start, just what I needed!
Here is an idea of why I have had the best year this year!
- I started my new job. Literally EVERYONE is amazing and all gets along. I’ve found heaven. I never thought I would enjoy working as much as I do
- Worked for 3 days then left to get married! Wooo!
- Spent some time with Heather as she moved back from Canberra in December
- Went on our honeymoon to Hamilton Island and got to hold a koala! (Have wanted to do this longer than I have wanted to get married haha! Ps ignore the ugly bathers, my triangle bikinis don’t hold in the puppies 😂)
- Celebrated my cousin/best friend Heather’s hens weekend in Rye
- Was maid of honour at Heather and Mitch’s wedding in March
- Filmed some exciting stuff for Liptember, the mental health charity that I support which appeared on tv
- Found out I was pregnant!
- Celebrated Jess’s hens night
- Celebrated Jess and Michaels wedding
- Had our 10 year high school reunion
- Made some new friends (through Heather lol)
Around about and June and July, my anxiety started to flare up a bit but I was lucky I was able to shut it down. Part of the reason I’m sure that was that we conceived in July and I must have had a few million hormones just floating around in there, messing up my system. Once I knew I was pregnant then it was ok. I noticed my anxiety shifted as I knew there was a reason I was feeling “off” and now there’s something other than myself that I need to care for!
It’s refreshing to finish the year on a high note, I can’t wait for next year! 😍