It was fair to say that after 20 weeks, pregnancy was a lot more enjoyable!
Once the morning sickness disappeared, I was so much happier and has so much more energy. There was basically no complaints for at least 2 months.
When 28 weeks arrived, I noticed a few things;
- My right boob was leaking colostrum already!
- Walking was hurting my stomach ligaments even more
- Waddling a lot more
- I thought I was huge and couldn’t get any bigger (clearly I was wrong!)
Once I got to 30 weeks;
- THE LEG CRAMPS, HOLY SHIT 😫 worse than the cramps I used to get every now and then when I did Irish dancing
- Peeing increased, never thought it could pee more than I already had been
- Going for walks is just not a good idea
- Getting to lunch time at work and nearly falling asleep 😴
- More booby leakage
- Stretch marks finally came in at 32 weeks… been waiting for you little suckers.
- I had no belly button. Alien!
Past 35 weeks;
- The babies head was so far in my vagina that I felt like there was a belt going across each side of my vagina that it would snap like a belt lol
- Tired, tired, tired, probably should have finished work at 36 weeks BECAUSE
- My waters broke at exactly 37 weeks. LITERALLY THE DAY AFTER I FINISHED WORK! I TOLD everyone he would come early, I could quite literally “feel it in my waters” haha there went my plan to cook yummy meals for me to freeze while on maternity leave so I didn’t have to cook when baby comes 😂
Pregnancy is such a wonderful thing. It is so amazing that two people coming together (…. LOL) can create a life. Women are totally unbelievable in the way that they can carry a baby for 9 months and watch their bodies change to accommodate this. Go us!
I was asked what pregnancy felt like to me and it changed depending on which trimester I was in.
- An amazing experience
- Not enjoyable a lot of the time
- Feeling baby move is everything 😍
- Being impatient
- This is what life is about!
- Worth it
I am so lucky to have had this experience and to share it with my lovely husband.
*As I finished the end of this post, my waters had broken with no contractions. My next post will be a birth experience story (I need to write it down to get it out, it was traumatic 😫). Please don’t think I sat in labour and wrote this whole blog 😂*